Register your strata building for NBN cabling
The National Broadband Network (NBN) is an upgrade to Australia’s existing telecommunications network. It provides the infrastructure for affordable, high-speed internet and phone access for all Australians.
NBN is currently being rolled out across Australia. In collaboration with NBN Co, Strata Community Australia is helping streamline installation in apartment complexes, townhouses and villas.
Managers of owners' corporations/bodies corporate of apartments and townhouses can securely register their contact details below.
Why you should participate
The information you provide will be used by NBN Co and its construction partners to make contact with you as the rollout gets underway in your area. Supplying your contact details will make the process to connect to buildings as fast and simple as possible.
How it works
- Identify if your building is in a rollout area by checking the current rollout locations below.
- If yes, click the Register button below it. You will be directed to a Sign In page to register your contact and building details.
- If you're not an SCA member and don't already have a username and password you'll need to create a new account after you click the Register button.
2. INITIAL CONTACT
- Once work starts in an area, NBN Co or one of its contractors will contact the relevant strata manager or legal owner to verify the registration of a building.
- Once verified, residents of the building will be notified that the NBN is on its way via a letter box drop.
- A letter will be sent to the legal owners of common property that will outline inspection and installation activities. If assistance is required for access, an appointment will be arranged.
- An inspection of the building will be conducted where information gathered will be used to create a design for the fibre installation.
- NBN Co will then install the fibre from the street to a connection device located on the outside of each individual unit/apartment. Fibre will not be installed inside individual apartments at this stage.
- The NBN network in the street will be connected and 'switched on'.
- Letters will be sent to residents in the buildings to let them know that they can contact their preferred internet and telephone service providers to arrange a connection over the NBN.
- After residents place an order, their service provider will arrange for the NBN to be connected inside their apartment/unit.
Current rollout locations
Updated 17 May 2013
If your suburb is not listed please check back regularly as the list is updated every three to six weeks. For the NBN three-year rollout timetable, refer to this map. If you need more information refer to Frequently Asked Questions and the NBN Co website.
Header image and logo courtesy of NBN Co. NBN and NBN Co are trademarks of NBN Co Limited and used licence.